Wednesday, December 4, 2013

We Do Not Live in Mayberry.

This is the third time I have started to write this post. Nothing seems to come out right, maybe, just maybe, that is the issue itself.

I can clearly recall that Friday the 14th day of December last year.

At the time, I was working overnights at my job. I had gotten home around 9:30 am and was getting ready to go to bed for a nap. I was saying good morning and good night at the same time to my very lovely lady friend, and she had just heard that a shooting had occurred in Newtown. I was very tired, I texted her something to the effect of "OMG, that's horrible" I have to get some sleep.

I woke up about 5 hours later, and as we all know now, it was almost the worst news you can ever hear. I was numb, turned on the radio and listened to the horrible news. Over the course of the that day, and the next week, I would travel to work on 84 East, to Danbury. I would pass the Sandy Hook/Newtown exit every time. That Friday night, there was traffic everywhere, it was a mess.

The tragedy and horror of the murders weighed and continues to weigh on my heart everyday. I am very lucky to have two grown children. I cannot even imagine the depths of grief and horror those parents are going through in the last year. I can distinctly recall telling a co-worker that " what the fuck reason would there be to wake up in the morning if that happened to my sons" 

Over the past year there have been many stories on the internet about Sandy Hook Hoax and the like.

I absolutely love a good conspiracy as much as anyone. Most people do not even think about the word "conspiracy" when they are watching their favorite crime drama, or murder mystery, on television or in the movies. The producers and writers omit that key word, on purpose. They really love to marginalize anyone by calling them a "conspiracy theorist" I will include a link here for the whole website, but I read this a while ago, and need to share it. From this point forward, this will be my reply to anyone who really believes that every crime is committed by the proverbial "LONE WOLF"
"You sound like a conspiracy theorist."

RESPONSE: "Conspiracy Theorist? Now tell me the truth, where did you hear that term...on TV? (Laugh.) ...So let me get this straight. Are you saying that men/women in high positions of power are not capable of criminal activity and telling lies to the general public? Are you really that naive?"


When "Jack" and "Rick" are sitting in the diner, planning to rob the bank, jewelry store, hotel safe, mobsters cache of money, drugs, or guns, these two guys, by definition, are "conspiring" to commit a crime. They are part of a conspiracy.

Sandy Hook


What I believe to be true will be in  bold red.

What creeps the shit out of me will be in bold green
 

I believe that Adam Lanza committed the murders by himself.

I have read the complete report by the State of Connecticut.

There is some interesting information in the report that our mainstream media is not asking to the powers that be. I am not sure if they are scared, or are just going along with program.  I will specifically refer to my attempt to get some answers from our local news outlets.  I emailed them with some questions regarding this report and the curt reply I received was "how can you ask questions, 20 kids were killed. I cannot believe I even have to answer this email.  That was a reply from WFSB Channel 3.


Adam Lanza was a computer geek who left no digital footprint.  We are very well aware of the recent NSA revelations of spying.  There is specific language in the report that states that no information from any federal agency "for the most part" is to be included in the report. Page 6, paragraph 4. 

I believe in my heart that a request at some level was made to the NSA to know what Adam Lanza did on the Internet in the days and months prior to that horrific day.

Folks, I am not minimizing that horrific nature of this crime.  But at some point we have to wake the hell up and admit we are not living in Mayberry with Sheriff Andy Taylor, Barney Fife, and Aunt Bee.  Which leads me to the dreaded green font.

Gene Rosen. I cannot put my finger on it.  I cannot adequately express my "gut" feeling about this guy, but I will try.  I will include a short video of Gene, so you can refresh your memory, but I have a funny feeling you don't need a refresher.



Before you can jump down my throat about picking on Gene, let me explain... This is what we know to be true.

At 09:35:39- A 911 call was placed by Sandy Hook Elementary School reporting the shooting. 
At 09:39:00- The first police officers arrived at the school.
At 09:40:03- The last gunshot is heard-believed to be Adam Lanza killing himself

Sometime during the 4 and a half minutes of hell, or shortly after, these 6 children, and a bus driver managed to get from the school to Gene's front lawn.  They manage to sit down "sweetly" in a circle (though that description will change many times).  
A man is seen scolding and angrily pointing at the children, yelling " Its going to be o.k" and this man just vanishes.  Gene witnesses this while he is walking towards the children. He does not ask who this man is? He does not take a picture on his IPhone? He does not have his wife take a picture on his IPhone of this very strange occurrence of six small children appearing out of nowhere on his lawn.

I will argue/debate that these children did not arrive on his lawn, completely ignoring the safety of a Fire Station, until 09:45.  Here is a map of the path the children most likely have taken. Please remember, the "school bus driver" DID NOT DRIVE THE CHILDREN, THEY WALKED/RAN TO GENE'S FRONT LAWN..





In almost every interview that Gene gives to the media, he states quite clearly that he has "no idea" what has happened at the school.  He cannot even "imagine" something like this.  Even though the always nameless "bus driver" tells him that there has been an "incident" at the school. 

Just look at the picture above. 

Do you see it?  Has it hit you yet? Are you waiting for me to hit you with most obvious question that not one news media prestitute asked Gene?

GEE GENE, DIDN'T YOU SEE OR HEAR THE 60 OR SO POLICE CARS, SIREN'S BLARING THAT EITHER PASSED YOUR HOUSE AND/OR TURNED INTO THE SCHOOL ROAD? 

THE ROAD ALMOST RIGHT NEXT TO YOUR HOUSE?

OR THE LOUD FIRE ENGINES? 

OR THE LOUD AMBULANCES? 

HOW COME YOU DIDN'T CALL 911? IMMEDIATELY

WEREN'T YOU WONDERING WHY THESE KIDS SHOWED UP? 

HOW COME YOU DIDN'T TAKE THE KIDS TO THE FIRE DEPARTMENT, RIGHT NEXT DOOR? 

PLEASE REMEMBER THIS-THE KIDS MUST HAVE SHOWN UP AT HIS HOUSE AFTER THE 911 CALL AND THE POLICE RESPONSE.  LOOK AT THE TIMELINE

These are the things about Gene that creep me out.  More importantly, these are important questions that were never asked by the media.  I understand that the media needed something to feel good about, when the unspeakable happens.  But I would argue, that if you or I found six small children on our front lawn, and we invited them in for juice and cookies, we would have some very uncomfortable questions to answer to the judge.

Because, and this is important, HE SAYS HE HAD NO IDEA THAT ANYTHING HAD HAPPENED AT THE SCHOOL.

The fact that the Internet exploded with questions about him is not a shock at all.  What is more shocking is a 69 year old man, who was a psychologist at Mansfield Training School, and a human being in the 21st century not even imagining that someone could go into a school and kill children and teachers. Do I have to back to Columbine, or VA Tech? or Dunblane?

I too was glued to the television last year when this happened.  I can remember being in a room with other adults on the Saturday after it happened, and there on the television was Gene, again, telling the story, again, and right on cue, the tears and choked up voice,again.  And, the constant need to see these children at Christmas, to have them call him Uncle Gene, to hug them, and be close to them.  In any other circumstance, you know.....

We have all had instances when we either witness something, or hear about something that makes us cry or choke up.  How many of you, when telling that story cry every time you recite the events? Day after day, interview after interview?  

I can distinctly recall driving back to St. Mary's hospital from Yale New Haven Hospital, the day after my first son was born.  I found out at Yale that he had a congenital heart defect.  It was touch and go for a while at Yale.  I drove back to St. Mary's in a fog.  I had to tell my wife at the time, about our sons heart.  I got into her room, and I cried and cried and cried.  I told that story to family and friends, it always brought me back to that moment, just typing it out now, brings me back, but I am not crying. 

One other thing about Gene, that rankles me a bit.  Not one time, during any interview, did HE mention the fact that he was a psychologist.  I would think that would be something that would easily be woven into his narrative of that day. Example:

Megan Kelly(FoxNews)- So Gene, tell us about the kids that morning, what did they say?

Gene: "Well Megan, the kids were very quiet at first. But something didn't seem right. Why were there six kids on my front lawn?  I used to be a psychologist, so I asked some open ended questions, and the kids started to open up....."

If anyone thinks that something like this cannot happen where you live, you are mistaken.  We can argue about gun control all you want to, it will not change anything, nor should it.  Adam Lanza did not purchase those weapons.  There are millions of law abiding citizens who own guns, and I am damn happy they do.  I do not own a gun, I have no interest in it.  But I will fight for your right, guaranteed under the Constitution and Bill of Rights.  At this point in our history I am much more fearful of the government trying to take those guns away than I am of anyone killing me with a gun.
 The second amendment does not guarantee you the right to own a gun.  It guarantees you the right that the government will not take your gun away.  We need to wake people up to horrors of an ever shrinking budget to treat mental illness.  We need to make sure that those people who need help, get it.  
Sadly, our leaders in Washington would rather spend this money on Drones and killing innocent women and children across the ocean and half a world away.  Not to minimize Sandy Hook at all.  But please consider this.  20 children died that day in Sandy Hook, and that is the unspeakable.   Our military killed over 1,000,000 innocent people in Iraq, and those are the ones we know about.  

How about a you try some empathy?  I want you to put yourself in the shoes of a mother or father in Iraq.  You are starving, your country is being torn apart. All you want to do is find some food to feed to your kids. One day, by accident, a bomb gets dropped in your small village, much smaller than Sandy Hook.  That day, your 4 children were playing in the street with other kids. That day 172 other innocent kids and women were wiped from the face of the earth. Your kids are erased from existence in a millisecond.

And no one cared? 

How would you feel? 

It happened. But not to you.

Gitmo Gil










That being said, I have a few observations about the 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I only moderate to prevent spamming.