Thursday, December 19, 2013

Empathy and Humanity

What difference does it make?  That is the question I get asked from time to time about events that transpire in the USA and around the world.  My answer is, if I don't care, where is my humanity.  That was brought very much into focus when I read about the 63 year old man in New Mexico, Steven Eckert, who was pulled over by the police at a traffic stop.  He was then subjected to being anally probed 8 times in search of drugs.


My reply is that if we don't have empathy for those unfortunate people who have their legal and civil rights stripped away by an ever increasing police state, then it could happen to me and you.  That is the bottom (no pun intended) line.

Once the government knows that they can get away with murder, literally, then that is the end, as we know it.  How many other events transpire that go unreported?  Do you think that is just in recent times that police beat the crap out of suspects? No, its just we all have a camera on us now, and they are being recorded in record numbers.

How about the 72 year old women in Saint Simon's Georgia, who was thrown to the pavement so hard, you have heard her skull smashing on the road. That is horrible. It happened to someone I do not know, but it could be my Mom or Dad, or brother and sister.  If we do not say something, then it just go on, and before we know it, those fictional FEMA camps, will be our home.

I think that if the nameless people who work at the NSA had some empathy, all this mass surveillance would not have transpired in the first place.  If they thought about what they were doing, how they would not want it done to them, then all of what they do, would have above board, and legal.  I know, my idealism is showing again.  But, I believe that.  Edward Snowded has empathy, so mush so, he changed every facet of his life to let us know about it.

Just last week a wedding party in Yemen was erased from the face of the Earth.  There was no terrorist in the group.  How come there is not a national outrage about this?  Because the mainstream media don't care, shut up, go shopping. Disgraceful.  

As long as we allow these events to occur with no repercussions then we are all at risk for horrible crimes to happen to us, all in the name of security and safety, BULLSHIT.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I only moderate to prevent spamming.