Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Bad Intel - So Far Away.

It has been weighing on my mind for a while.  When I read about the wedding party in Yemen being erased from the face of the Earth in a second, I felt this inner anger and feeling of helplessness.

Do we as a people really understand what our actions are doing to innocent people, so far away?

How can we comprehend the anger that they feel? I can't.  I have tried to empathize with the people of not only Yemen, but of Iraq, Afghanistan, Somalia, that we do not know about because of those magic words that the Obama administration use so often to hid atrocities, "national security" in countries, so far away?

Is it because of national security that Obama hides the fact that thousands of innocent women and children are dead in countries so far away?

When we kill like this, we are creating a whole new batch of enemies.  Instead of trying to peacefully figure out the problems that plague the world, we just kill.  I am sick of it.  I didn't vote for this.  How can we tell the world that we don't want the never ending "war on terror" to continue?

You dear reader should ask yourself a very introspective question.  The answer you find just might surprise you.  Do you value the life of the people of Yemen less that american lives?  How about the over 1,000,000 innocent Iraqi people we killed all in the name of peace?

Do we think less of people because they live in mud shacks, ride donkeys to town, and go to the outhouse to relieve themselves?

It is not as easy to reach the answer as you might think.  In my younger days I have to admit the ignorance that enveloped me, and kept me from looking at the big picture.  Not anymore.

I want the people of world to know that not all Americans feel that killing is the right way to handle our differences.  What if trying to reason with people and empathizing with their struggles is not only the right way, but honorable way to reach an accord?

I dont know about you, but I am sick of seeing children, who have done nothing wrong, have their tiny bodies blown apart because of this bullshit never ending "war on terror."  How do you think their mothers feel?

We must think differently, we must empathize with those who we are killing.  Why are we killing them? Bad intelligence is the phrase and excuse we hear so often.  What if the people of Yemen had drones of their own, and all of a sudden bus loads of kids in the US were being killed?  Would we stand for their government falling back on "bad intel?" I don't think so. I could be wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I only moderate to prevent spamming.