Monday, December 30, 2013

Reality TV is a Myth.

Once a camera is put into any equation, reality slides out the window.  These people play to the camera, ham it up, and the producers push the show in directions that are tv friendly.  Once that happens, its a scripted show.

If a producer or director of any reality show make a suggestion about anything, then it stops being reality.  I lost my virginity yesterday, I was forced to see the show "duck dynasty" for the first time, and it will be my last.  I have heard for a while from the friends, coworkers and the internet about this program.  I must be honest. This show is horrible.  They pull out every southern stereotype and exploit it.  I am well aware that these guys are laughing their way to the bank.

If a tv show must resort to "close captioning" when someone from the south is talking, you have lost me.  When a producer says to the guys on the show to put a kayak with a person sitting inside, on top of a conveyor belt, which is powered by a truck, and let is go, then "reality" is gone.  Its that simple.

Reality programming is cheap to produce, hence the glut on television. I am not a fan. Once you put a camera in the room with anyone, reality is the last thing you get.  Everyone play for the camera, that is a fact. There is no such thing as reality tv, its a myth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I only moderate to prevent spamming.