Saturday, November 23, 2013

Thank you Matt Damon, The World is Wrong.

I was hit this idea earlier today.  I watched a very good and inspiring video by Matt Damon.  He talks about the backwards world we seem to be living in. It forced me to wonder and think about what is going on all around me. I came to a conclusion very similar to Matt. Please watch the video.


After watching the video, my mind was racing with all sorts of ideas.  The one in the forefront was, how come there are not any more celebrities speaking out, this way?  If you have read anything else I have written, you know that I do believe that the mainstream news media, and media in general reports idiot news for the masses.  There are so many media whores who feel this sense of entitlement, and they tweet, and the media appear to hang on to every word they say, as long as they talk about their new movie, new cd, new video, new and refurbished vagina, new tv reality show.  Just when they start to fade from our focus, the inevitable train wreck happens, they go into rehab, they get arrested for some minor offense, or they get married just so the media can cover the eventual divorce.  This sick twisted voyeuristic world, as Mr. Damon sad, really is backwards.

How can we change this?  I really wish I had the answer.  I do not. I know that personally, I do not pay attention to them.  I do not visit their websites, I do not watch their television shows.  This is very important.  Advertisers pay the networks to push products during these shows, if you are not supporting the show, you are not exposed to the ads. It is a circle. 

I do not follow them on Twitter.  I do not visit their Facebook pages.  If this type is boycotting was to spread to the masses, then we really could get some good things done.  Just think of the possibilities if this happened, it could be wonderful.  If "we" as a people just stopped caring about Justin Bieber and the like.  

But much more importantly, what a different world we could make, if these celebrities used their 15 minutes of fame, and spoke out like Matt Damon?  Imagine that?  Sadly, I do not think that would or will happen.  Too many of the idiot celebrities are afraid of the "machine."  They are too afraid they will kill the golden goose if they spoke out about NSA spying, how Walmart underpays all their core employees, how drones are killing innocent women, men and children around the world.  They are terrified if they spoke out about the "war on drugs" being an absolute joke when the CIA ships $1Trillion of opium out of Afghanistan.  The Hollywood press would start to either treat them like pariahs like Charlie Sheen, when he had the nerve to question the official story about 9/11, or worse, the press just might start to ignore them, and to a celebrity, this is tantamount to death.  There are many a hollywood star, who when they are feeling blue, they go out in public, so the masses can bask in they greatness.  I am not making that up.

These celebrities do have a voice, sadly, many, many of them do not use it the to make a better world, they use it to promote what ever new thing they are selling. Very sad indeed.  Once again, thank you Mr. Damon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I only moderate to prevent spamming.