Monday, September 16, 2013

We all have a voice, we just have to use it.

Hi From Gitmo Nation Northeast

Are we better off today than we were 10 years ago?

Are we better off than we were 20 years ago?

Look at this. It sure looks like Obama likes to screw the rapidly shrinking middle class. Bastards  It really hurts when you see it in print, instead of just feeling it every goddamn day.. Someday this whole house of cards is going to cave in, the 1% will not be able to buy their way out. 
When are we, as a people going get angry? We need to take to the streets, take it to the malls, take it every Main Street in every town and city in this country. But alas, that will not happen. Instead we will wear ribbons in protest. Or change Avatars.

 That does NOTHING.

I say "Fuck the NSA" They are the bastards that on the pretense of "security" invade our privacy.  It is not too far in the future where every semblance of privacy is gone.  I bet if I use certain keywords, I could get some jackoff who has sold their soul for a government paycheck to read this page.  In the Middle East there are Terrorists who blow up building, with pipe bombs, and that is horrible.  It was not too long ago that we used the biggest weapon of mass destruction on Hiroshima and Nagasaki.  Pretty soon, a nuclear bomb will hit the internet, and most of us will be part of the fallout. 



That is probably the most honest 3 minutes on television in the recent past.  What has happened to us?  

I have a signature in my email that says "All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent" One of our greatest Presidents made that statement.  Where have people of good conscience gone? 

We all need more EDWARD SNOWDENS. We all need more WILLIAM BINNEYS. And there is no question the next BRADLEY MANNING IS OUT THERE.

These men are all heroes.  Who is going to to be the next hero who exposes the criminals who are working for the government, or the private sector in the name of the government?  I know, many questions this morning, and no answers.  We need a hero, we need someone who will stand up for us, someone we can get behind, who is not corrupt, who will not misuse the public trust. I do have an idea. That person goes to work every day, sits at a desk, has a cup of coffee, then wonders what the hell they are doing.  He or she, sees all that is swirling about, and maybe today is the day they will do something about it.  We are just getting going here. 

Am I condemning all police officers as horrible people? No. Are there police officers who blatantly abuse their power? Yes.  Do I hold all police officers to a higher standard? Yes I do. When police officers abuse that power, should their sentence be harsher than a any a criminal who is not trusted by the public? Yes. 



I will take a look at the greatest invention in the history of man. The Internet.

Ever since its inception and growing popularity, our government has had their hands in the till.  The corporations that mete out its highway of information have tried their best to give us a little here and there, but they want total control of its broad powers, make no mistake about that.

The whole issue of net neutrality is a joke.  Oh, I know, for a time it will look like "the people" will get a victory, but lets face facts.

Comcast-ATT-Verizon-Time Warner- just to name a few of the bastards, have pockets that are too deep.  The will lavish their riches on our elected officials, and we the people have no chance at winning at that game.  You would think that a few of the power house technology companies would stand with us. They will not.  We would have heard of them by now. Where is Sergei and Larry with enormous pockets trying to help us?  Where is Bill Gates?  You would think that people at the Google would be on the side of us, maybe 6 or 7 years ago they would have, not now. They are the 1%. Don't rock the boat.  



I do not normally sound like a defeated person. Facts are facts. Bribes work. And our elected officials can smell that internet cash with both nostrils wide open.  I am sickened by it. It repulses me to the core. Someday, in the not too distant future, this little blog of mine, will not get on the information highway, because I will refuse to pay the toll.  I say fuck you to them.  The only way, the absolute only way to hurt them, is to not give them your money.  But, who has the intestinal fortitude to do it.  Oh, there are some of us who do our small part. I refuse to give Exxon one penny of my money. Do you know that they are waiting for people in Alaska to die off, so they dont have to pay for the Exxon Valdeze spill.  Yep, they are literally waiting for people who they harmed to die. Nice people, Huh!

The bottom line is that people do not care.  They would rather sit at home and watch Dancing with the Stars, or American Idol, than stand up and be counted for something they believe in.  Would you give up internet access for a few short months, in order to get a better faster and fairer internet in the future? I would.  Are you aware that the big ISP's have enacted laws in 19 states, that make it a crime for a community that has no internet access the ability to build their own? Did you know that there are towns in many states where kids have to do their homework by the side of a road on "Death Hill", because its the only place that 3G will work?  That is fucking sickening to me.  The reason that the big ISP's will not build internet service there, is not because it is not profitable, its just not profitable enough. Man, that really pisses me off.  The big ISP's regurlary make 95% profit on every dollar you pay, every month. Why should they upgrade the pipes, when there is no competition? I do not begrudge anyone making a buck. But when is enough enough?


This video above might just make you get your ass off the couch and do something.  If we all did something small, then the powers that be would do something, thats how they work.  I have the White House contact page as one of my Chrome home pages. I send the White House a message every day. Will it make a difference? I don't know, but at least I try.  I also have my Senator's and Congresswoman contact pages always at the ready. We all have a voice, just use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I only moderate to prevent spamming.