Thursday, October 3, 2013

What Could Possibly Go Wrong?

What could possibly go wrong?  The planned "terror drill" of the national electrical grid scheduled in November, has this very ominous feel about it.  What could and will happen is a whole different matter. I am actually quite concerned about this drill.  It seems that whenever a drill is planned, something always seems to happen, and not in a good way.



This might be politically incorrect for me to say, but I do believe that the police should be held to a much higher standard.  They have sworn an oath to protect and serve.  What makes a cop go bad?  What makes a cop plant evidence?  When did we become the enemy?  Go ahead and do a search for police abuse on youtube. You can go down a rabbit hole very deep, and if you have any feeling of compassion, you will be offended when you see just how bad some of these cops treat innocent people.

Case in point here. James Simmons was arrested for a crime he did not commit. The officer in question admits to being dishonest. When you read the story in the link, you might become quite angry.  I know its one man, but it does point to a much larger problem with dishonest police officers. Let me ask you this, do you think that its just been recently that police have been abusing people, making false arrests, beating the crap out of suspects because we all have cameras on our phones?  This has been going on longer than time.  Police corruption is the worst kind of crime.  They should be held to a higher standard.  If they abuse the system, lie under oath, plant evidence, beat suspects senseless, then they should all be in jail.

Murder on a Sunday Morning is an Academy Award winning documentary.  In this case, every police office lied under oath.  Every police officer in this case should be in jail forever, for what they did to this poor kid.

A blockbuster new report form the London School of Economics and Political Science has proven without a doubt that pirating media content not only does not result in the loss of money from Hollywood, it actually proves the exact opposite. I can  help prove that on a smaller scale. You see, a few years ago, I obtained a few songs sort of illegally by The Barenaked Ladies. I listened to them, loved the music, and in the ensuing months I went and bought every one of their albums LEGALLY.

I have had the same experience with movies also. Some copies I have received through somewhat shady circumstances, have been poor copies, and then I went out to buy them legally.  If this is how it works in my world, I am sure that it works that way for you also.

On another note, Just months after Dr. Ben Carson gave a speech questioning the moral decline of America, he was targeted by the IRS. Hmmmmm, sounds like when you question power, power bites back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I only moderate to prevent spamming.