Thursday, February 20, 2014

My Old Posts are Quite Prophetic

I wrote months ago about the abhorrent nature of the big ISP's in the USA.  There have been studies done, and by Kabletown/Comcast's own financial disclosures they admit that 95% of a customers monthly bill is PROFIT.

I do not begrudge anyone from making money, but when these mega corporations do not upgrade equipment and then blame Netflix for the video content that "disrupts" their lines, this pisses me off.

http://bgr.com/2014/02/19/why-is-netflix-streaming-slow/

Netflix is not going away. Netflix is hugely popular.  The recent release of "House of Cards" has proven that the people want quality entertainment.  Comcast has been caught red handed in throttling internet speed of Netflix, because the can.

How come people put up with this shit?

TWC as it states in the article, has been slow to upgrade their equipment. Why?  Because there is no competition. In my state, I only have one choice for broadband internet, this is how it is all across the country in many places.  That is why Google Fiber is such a threat.

https://fiber.google.com/about/

I want Google Fiber, but sadly I will probably be dead by the time it makes it to my state.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I only moderate to prevent spamming.